Monday, August 22, 2011

Return of Ninpuu Sentai Hurricanger! Part 2

I just finished watching Gokaiger episode 25, and I swear it wasn't until seeing the title that I even realized the Pirates vs Ninja connotation. Duh^_^!

Again, I have to say how cool it is to see the original actors from Hurricaneger coming back to reprise their roles. Shioya Shun (塩谷 瞬) comes back as Shiina Yousuke/Hurricane Red. Actress, singer, and model Nagasawa Nao (長澤 奈央) returns as Nono Nanami/Hurricane Blue. And Yamamoto Kohei (山本 康平) reprises the role of Bitou Kouta/Hurricane Yellow.

As for the other Rangers from the Hurricaneger series? While the actors who played the Gouraiger didn't make an appearance, it made me wonder why Shurikenger didn't show up - seeing as he had no actor, being portrayed by different people in different disguises - it strikes me as odd that he wouldn't be an easy character to have appear in the show. Though I suppose the writers wanted to focus on the main original 3 Hurricanegers instead. Either way, I'm still very pleased with how things turned out.

BTW, I have to wait until part two is translated by TV Nihon, so I don't know what the deal is with either ears the Hurricanegers use, or the cat ears GokaiPink is wearing. I loved the villains in these two episodes, but they obviously set the tone and took the episodes in a weird but funny direction.

Anyway, here are some of the screen shots I made myself, in addition to the ones I already collected. There are also some older Hurricaneger images in my collection that I seem to have overlooked before, but I'm adding them to the site now. You can also find the previous post, Part One, here: Return of Ninpuu Sentai Hurricanger! Part 1

Air Ninja Hurricane Red
You can find these images added here: Air Ninja Hurricane Red Profile














Water Ninja Hurricane Blue
You can find these images added here: Water Ninja Hurricane Blue Profile






Land Ninja Hurricane Yellow
You can find these images added here: Land Ninja Hurricane Yellow Profile







GokaiRed
You can find these images added here: GokaiRed Profile


GokaiPink
You can find these images added here: GokaiPink Profile


GokaiSilver
You can find these images added here: GokaiSilver Profile




Hurricaneger Group Image
You can find this image added here: Hurricaneger Group Images

Gokaiger Group Images
You can find these images added here: Gokaiger Group Images


Previous Sentai Powers
You can find these images added here: Previous Sentai Powers




Gokaiger Robot
You can find this image added here: Gokaiger Robots

Oiles Gil
You can find this image added here: Commandant Oiles Gil Profile

Action Commanders
You can find these images added here: Gokaiger Monsters







No comments:

Post a Comment