Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Super Sentai 199 Part 1

Here's part 1 of a collection of screenshots I made myself from the Gokaiger vs Goseiger Super Sentai 199 movie. You can also find images from the ending credits of the film here.

I have to say how very impressed I was with the film. Although skewing younger with a more simple plot, mostly to facilitate the appearance of many, many nods to Super Sentai from the past 34 years, it still felt the movie kept it's center by not simply making it a grab-bag appearance of Super Sentai characters. Rather it seemed like a celebration of the franchise, mixed in with the Goseiger going up against the Gokaiger, attempting to take their lost powers back.

I don't exactly know how this movie was received in Japan - but the ending, especially, seemed quite poignant- with the public cheering for their heroes. It felt somewhat cathartic, celebrating a nationally iconic franchise - especially in comparison to what Japan was suffering through when this movie released last summer. (I could be wrong, though; It's just how I saw it.)

Although I was disappointed to see that some of the returning actors, reprising their roles from years or even decades ago, did not all appear as prominently as I thought they would - their appearances, though short, where nonetheless appreciated. What I was impressed with was the finale - the appearance of all the robots over Super Sentai's vast history. While computer graphics where definitely used to accomplish this - including some grainy cut-outs of footage - it still worked for me!

Anyway - here are the screenshots I made. I hope you enjoy them! I'll be back with more later!

Super Sentai Versus
You can find these images added here: Super Sentai Versus Page 3







GokaiRed
You can find these images added here: GokaiRed Profile






GokaiBlue
You can find these images added here: GokaiBlue Profile



GokaiYellow
You can find these images added here: GokaiYellow Profile


GokaiGreen
You can find these images added here: GokaiGreen Profile






GokaiPink
You can find these images added here: GokaiPink Profile




GokaiSilver
You can find these images added here: GokaiSilver Profile


GoRan Gokai-Ou
You can find these images added here: Gokaiger Robots



Gokaiger Group Images
You can find these images added here: Gokaiger Group Images






Previous Sentai Powers
You can find these images added here: Previous Sentai Powers Page 2



Insarn
You can find this image added here: Insarn Profile

No comments:

Post a Comment