Sunday, February 19, 2012

Image Storage

OK - as mentioned in my previous post, my blogger account's image storage space is about to run out. I was trying to think of options I could utilize -- and I think I found one: Imageshack.

I wanted to ask if anyone knows wether this service is really reliable or not. I've seen links like these disappear on certain posts --- is there any time-limit, or issues I should be aware of?

If not - it seems like it might be my best option, and able able to continue posting images. Full-size images too. I haven't quite figured out the thumbnail option. Does anyone have an all-purpose html code I can use (preferably with the same average thumbnail size I had with blogger, 320x180. Otherwise images might be very small, requiring you to click on them to view them properly. I don't like that, as it makes viewing this site casually a bit harder; but it might be necessary.)

Please tell me what you think. I don't want to jump full-on into using Imageshack if it's going to prove unreliable later on; or if loading-time is an issue for you with that service. Any input would be appreciated.

3 comments:

  1. Third-party image hosting services like Imageshack are very unreliable and undesirable.

    But it's a real shame you are running out of space.

    You could try setting up a new blog with unused image space, and use that as a storage for your images, and then simply post them here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's just put it this way, I have an imageshack account from back in 2006. I still have the first image I uploaded on it. I don't know if that would change with the amount of pictures you would post on it but if you do a bit more research I'm sure you will be able to find out. But I think that you will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried photobucket - but found that it doesn't allow images to keep their original size. I figured out a way to have the same size thumbnail, and the original size with Imageshack. Maybe I'll try it for a while and see how it performs. Plus it says it's unlimited storage - which is what I need.

    Please give you're opinion or ideas on the subject!

    ReplyDelete