Sunday, February 10, 2013

Go-Busters Final Mission

The final episode of Go-Busters has aired. I have to say, my feelings about the series are mixed. Because of personal issues, I had a tremendously hard time getting into this series - let alone getting past the second episode. Maybe its because, after the epic high of Gokaiger, anything following it would pale in comparison. I kept my eye on the series, though - and liked the introduction of Beet and Stag Buster. Still, it would be around episode 40 that I would finally start watching episodes again.

I've gathered that opinions are mixed about the series -- some claiming it was too childish, while in comparison it's plots where somewhat darker. What did you think of the series? I loved the idea of a cyber world, and I thought the cast and characters developed well, despite it being a crowded group (each Buddyroid taking up as much space are their human counterparts) - but it was that dualism that, in the end, kept the series strong and moving along.

I thought it was fun, that they where using little elements from Power Rangers in the series "Let's Morphin", and the term Megazord being included. Yet it feels like the series inadvertently brought over some of the bad aspects from Power Rangers. (Thats just my feeling, though. Nothing specifically to point at.) If the ending episodes showed me anything, the series at least got better as time went on. While I loved the first opening song of the series, the change to the second theme song proved to be a tremendously good idea. I know sales had a lot to do, in regard to that change. (Going from a massive collectors hunt for "Ranger Keys" - to little-to-no uber-collectables in Go-Busters, probably didn't help.)

I hope things go better for Kyoryuger.

Red Buster
You can find these images added here: Red Buster Profile






Blue Buster
You can find these images added here: Blue Buster Profile





Yellow Buster
You can find these images added here: Yellow Buster Profile





Beet Buster/Stag Buster Buster
You can find these images added here: Beet Buster/Stag Buster Profile













Takeshi Kuroki
You can find these images added here: Takeshi Kuroki Profile


Group Images
You can find these images added here: Go-Busters Group Images







Go-Busters Robots
You can find these images added here: Go-Busters Robots


Enter
You can find these images added here: Enter Profile








Red Buster and Kyoryu Red
You can find this image added here: Sentai Versus Page 3

Kyoryuger Group Image
You can find this image added here: Kyoryuger Group Images

1 comment:

  1. your not alone in terms of having mixed feelings about the show. I also asked myself if this certain feel of not liking the series is because of gaokaiger but then again i realize it was not .in my opinion the series lack something on but i cant tell. sure there some funny skits and pretty good action scenes but around episode 15 I just gave up and completely lost my interest to it. interesting enough I liked Akibarangers more than this considering that akiba is not essentially a sentai in the truest sense but to me it felt more of sentai series compared to go-busters. Im looking forward for the new one.

    ReplyDelete